To say that I’m ingratiated into the WordPress blogging world, or the blogging world at all, would be a gross overstatement. I can’t say I follow any blogs other than one my run by a friend (which is awesome and you should check it out), and I mainly pander to those in the social media realms of Facebook and Twitter.
Nevertheless, someone over at Whirling Point has apparently visited my humble site and seen fit to nominate me for one of two awards – they themselves were nominated for a kind of joint-award dealy thing, and so I’m allowed pick whichever one of the two awards I want. So I’ve gone with the One Lovely Blog award.
I’ve not won any awards for my writing online before, and I hope some of this goes towards some of my comic and video work too, but whatever the case I’m still overjoyed that the guys at Whirling Point deigned to nominate me for this. You should go and check them out, they’ve got a decent set-up over there.
Now apparently there are some rules if you get this award, which I’ll try to follow here:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Post the blog award image on your page.
3. Tell 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other blogs.
5. Let the nominees know they’ve been chosen!
Well I’ve already done one and two, so I guess I’ll get on to those seven facts:
- I was deathly afraid of dogs as a child
- I favour the colours teal and orange
- I wear a UK size 9 shoe (usually, depending on the shop/make of shoe)
- I am terrible at washing clothes
- I do not have a favoured side of the bed to sleep on
- I do have a favoured side of the sofa to sit (it’s on the left, usually)
- I was once complicit in wrapping everything one of my friends owned in wrapping paper
Now I’m supposed to nominate 15 other blogs, but I really don’t know any others besides the one I mentioned earlier. So I’m sorry to say that the chain ends here for now. If you think your blog will appeal to me by all means tell me what it’s about in the comments and I’ll pay you a visit, and I just might nominate you for this prestigious award as well.
UPDATE: Nominations will go below here, so read on!
1. The High Tea Cast – fancy yourself some nice tea and biscuits with a bit of burlesque and glamour? Click over to The High Tea Cast – it’s a bloody well-run site and the girl who own and operate it are lovely.
2. Square Eyes. Arthritic Thumbs. – if you’re after some well-written and very dry reviews of games and films, as well as some extra goodness on the side, then check this one out. All the posts are a great read.